[mythtv-users] DCT2000 and lirc

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Jul 24 10:28:37 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 08:28, Lonny Selinger wrote:
> Well ... after a night of fighting with tons of serial testing and
> lirc (in vain as it were) ;)  I managed to get the scripts to not exit
> in error ... my output was the same as was posted a while ago by
> someone else:
>
> # ./changechannel.sh 3
> changing channel to  003
> chancode is
> Recvd:
>
> Recvd:
>
> Recvd:
>
> No matter what channel, so I'm assuming its just that the serial port
> on the DCT2000 isn't enabled. (BTW is this Nullmodem or straight
> through?) I'm getting them to enable it even though they still dont
> think it will do what I want but at this point I'll try any damn thing
> :)  Thanks for your patience Ian.

Straight through serial cable is what you want.  If you're not getting
any output, try power cycling the cable box and trying again.
Otherwise, it's pretty safe to assume that the serial port isn't
enabled.  Of course, you *have* ensured that the serial box on your PC
is working, right? ;)

	-I

--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME