[mythtv-users] DCT2000 and lirc

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Thu Jul 24 11:39:16 EDT 2003

> Straight through serial cable is what you want.  If you're not getting
> any output, try power cycling the cable box and trying again.
> Otherwise, it's pretty safe to assume that the serial port isn't
> enabled.  Of course, you *have* ensured that the serial box on your PC
> is working, right? ;)

LOL absolutely. I use(d) this serial port for among other things,
connecting to my iPaq (when I flash it etc), and logging into my
servers via terminal serial connection.

I think what I have on there right now is a null modem cable (9pin to
9pin) so I'll go snag a different cable and try power cycling the bax
as well and see if that does it.

Thanks again~!
--
Lonny