[mythtv-users] Re: converting NUV to AVI or something I can use on my Mac

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 07:14:23 EDT 2003

> > I'll look into vlc and give it a shot.  Quicktime
> > does throw an error about the codec but I wasn't
> > sure what codec this avi used and what I can use.

> > Getting this into iMove (or another video editing
> > program) is the main concern.
>
> I'm going to look into this issue some more
> myself... I'll let you (and
> the list) know what I figure out (if anything :).

Well, vlc worked for playing the movie so that problem
is solves.  It played the movie I exported from
mythmkmovie and mythencode.pl (mencoder).

It looks like vlc will export to a file, not just play
the file.  If anyone can shed any light on that
feature I'm all ears.

Anyway, I guess I'm on to figuring out how to edit.
Anyone think I might have better luck with another Mac
program ( Final Cut [pro] )?