[mythtv-users] remote FE gets jerky after channel change

Richard Moran moran-mythtv at morangroup.org
Sat Jul 19 11:02:28 EDT 2003

Quoting Larry Matter <mythtv at matter.net>:

> >> Any suggestions on how to track this down?
> >
> > I imagine pausing it a little helps as well?

I experience this same behavior too on a remote
athlon XP 2100+ frontend.

Seems that you have to do the little dance...

change channel, immediately hit pause, wait a second,
unpause.

If I dont do that, then audio and video get jerky and
sometimes the audio and video are out of sync.

It feels like a race between the incoming
data, and the active playing of the data.
Sometimes leaving the frontend starved for data.

Rick