[mythtv-users] remote FE gets jerky after channel change

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Sat Jul 19 11:21:35 EDT 2003

> I experience this same behavior too on a remote
> athlon XP 2100+ frontend.

Interesting.  I was thinking it was related to the CPU performance, but
your system should have plenty of CPU (I assume you're not compiling at
the same time :-)

> Seems that you have to do the little dance...
>
> change channel, immediately hit pause, wait a second,
> unpause.
>
> If I dont do that, then audio and video get jerky and
> sometimes the audio and video are out of sync.

I also sometimes see the audio/video sync problem, but IIRC that fixes
itself over time (like 10-20 seconds).  The jerkiness does not correct
itself.

Larry