[mythtv-users] remote FE gets jerky after channel change

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Fri Jul 18 17:44:56 EDT 2003

>> Any suggestions on how to track this down?
>
> I imagine pausing it a little helps as well?

Seems too.  Do you have a theory as to what's causing it and/or what might
help?

>> Not sure if it matters, but the frontend is a diskless Via EPIA M 10000
>> (Nehemiah).
>
> Kinda does, because the machine's slow enough to make drawing the OSD a
> chore
> =)  That's most likely not the issue here, though.

No, I was talking about well after the OSD fades away.  During OSD
"transition" it's a real mess (and that may have been what generated the
Delaying to next trigger messages).

I recall reading (I think) that much of the MythTV encode/decode code is
written directly with MMX instructions which (again, I think) makes many
compiler optimization flags less effective.  But are there optimizations
(like SSE) that will help with OSD drawing?

Since I also have an Ezra C3 system, I went with "-march=i586 -mmmx" to
ensure the same code works on both systems.  But I would be willing to
optimize for nehemiah to get this working better.

Thanks,
Larry