[mythtv-users] Frontend and Backend

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jul 16 20:27:27 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 07:02 pm, Robert Empfield wrote:
> Hi.
>
> What is the Frontend and Backend?   I am a bit confused.  I am trying to
> install MythTV without a video capture card and when I asked about
> installing MythTV this way (without a capture card) someone wrote me saying
> to skip the steps in the How-To (by Jarod Wilson) that deal with the
> backend.

The howto is written for the most part by Robert Kulagowski, and is located at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/

If you had bothered to look at that at all, you would have seen the
'Configuring MythTV' section and under that, 'Configuring the master backend
system,' which is what you were told to skip.  You can, in fact, skip the
entire 'Configuring MythTV' section, as that only deals with video capture.

Isaac