[mythtv-users] Frontend and Backend

Chris Siwiec csiwiec at ftdi.com
Wed Jul 16 19:21:18 EDT 2003

Frontend is the GUI (graphical user interface) the pretty buttons and stuff
the frontend connection to the backend when playing recorded mythfiles or
"live tv"**.  Are you going to just use it for the plugins? The backend
handles the recording of the tuner/video capture card.  Since you wont have
a capture card this is not needed.

** live tv is not really live it is delayed about 2 seconds.  This is so you
can pause the "live tv" program and pick it up later.

Very nicely done.   Isacc and all the other contrib. to mythtv cvs doing a
great job getting this done.