[mythtv-users] Feature Confusion

Jarrod Gray grayjk at cs.rose-hulman.edu
Wed Jul 16 20:49:01 EDT 2003

While reading the story on Slashdot today about the Telly Linux PVR, I
came across this comment:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=71232&cid=6449199
	"MythTV looks like a good start, but the effort required to get 		it
working is significant, and it doesn't do anything BUT 			timeshift and
record. It can't playback your DVD, VCDs, SVCDs, 			or Divx CDs, it
can't save your recorded shows to CD/DVD, it 			can't playback music or
display images, etc... "

I think this comment reflects the difficulty in finding a complete
feature list.  The "Features and Screenshots" web page needs to be
updated to more clearly communicate all of the features of MythTV.  It
might be best to separate the screenshots from the features. Important
features like the ability to skip commercials, auto-deletion of shows,
and translation into other languages aren't even mentioned.  If all of
the features and abilities were listed, a lot of people might be
surprised by the progess of the project.

Isaac, would you like a mock-up of changes or how should users
contribute to the website content?

Thanks,
Jarrod