[mythtv-users] time adjustment settings for shows

Tom Howard tom at sagoons.com
Tue Jul 15 11:14:11 EDT 2003

I have seen a lot of talk and patches for having a show start X seconds
early and end X seconds late.  Why not simply have myth ask when you want
the show to start and end and if you want these time settings to carry
over to all of these shows on that channel?

example:

I am using both Time Warner's DVR and the frontend of mythtv (still
saving up for the VIA and 2 PVR 250's) The TWDVR is really not that good
(way too many bugs, very betaish)  however, it offers this option.  When
I go to record Stargate SG-1 on monday's for example, SG-1 always starts
2 minutes early and ends 6 minutes before the hour.  When I go to record
these shows, It comes up with the default [7:00 to 8:00 All Episodes Save
all] It alows me to change those times to [6:58 to 7:55] and it will
makes those changes effective on that channel for all recordings.  ie,
[7:58 to 8:55] and [8:58 to 9:55] etc...  It knows that on THAT channel,
I want all recordings of THAT show to start 2 minutes early and end 5
minutes before the hour.  This shouldnt be too hard to do with myth and I
will take a crack at it after I finish my C++ for dummies and wannabe
morons like me book ;)

--Tom