[mythtv-users] How to fonts work in Myth?

Alan Messer alanpublic at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 11:35:45 EDT 2003

I'm still having problems with small (unreadable)
fonts in my mythtv setup. Last night I removed X
windows (in debian) and re-installed everything using
apt from the debian and myth packages. Still
unreadable fonts.

How does Myth find and use the FreeSans and FreeMono
truetype fonts? I know it uses FreeType V2, but I'm
unclear how Myth or FreeType knows where these fonts
are? Is there any way to verify that the fonts are
being found correctly?

BTW: I've tried the DPI issue and it doesn't seem to
help much if I go down to 48x48 DPI.

Alan.