[mythtv-users] Suggestion for thumbnail preview in MythTV

jasonmiller at micron.com jasonmiller at micron.com
Tue Jul 15 11:12:23 EDT 2003

> > From what I have seen, it simply plays the entire file you are currently
> > on to the end and then leaves the last frame showing. So it only
> > "thrashes" the hard drive for as long as the show is.

> I wouldn't really call it thrashing though - unless you are doing a lot
> of other things at the same time - I doubt only running it for 10
> minutes would significantly extend your hard drives life..

Myth by definition is doing other things with the hard drive :)  When it is
recording and playing the thumbnail at the same time it will thrash.  However,
you are probably correct that it may still not be significant.  It was just a
thought.

Some of us are forced to use inferior mail products and top posting is the
only automatic option :)