[mythtv-users] problem using mythtv with xinerama

Daniel Paessler paessler at gmx.de
Tue Jul 8 19:56:01 EDT 2003

> Do you really need xinerama, or are you just trying to
> have a desktop on a monitor running concurrently with
> Myth on the TV? If you just want concurrent TV &
> desktop, what I found works best is no twinview and no
> xinerama -- I just bring up an X server with 2 screens
> (i.e., "old fashioned" dual-headed X), with a
> different window manager on each screen. I use gnome
> on the desktop and windowmaker on the TV. The only
> problem I have with this arrangement is getting the
> remote to work consistently while someone else is
> typing at the desktop.
>
> Jason

mythtv runs on my desktop-pc, which is in another room and also used
by others for normal work at the same time i like to here music or watch
a movie...
and why not use this feature, when it's available? if it's there, it
should work and it seems to work on other machines, so ignoring it,
because it does not run here is not the right way, i think...

daniel

--
Daniel Paessler <paessler at gmx.de>