[mythtv-users] problem using mythtv with xinerama

Jason Lowdermilk lowdermilk at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 10:39:26 EDT 2003

--- Daniel Paessler <paessler at gmx.de> wrote:
> does no one (except matt jarvis) have problems with
> xinerama?
> i can't really believe...
> nevertheless, some suggestions, ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> daniel

Do you really need xinerama, or are you just trying to
have a desktop on a monitor running concurrently with
Myth on the TV? If you just want concurrent TV &
desktop, what I found works best is no twinview and no
xinerama -- I just bring up an X server with 2 screens
(i.e., "old fashioned" dual-headed X), with a
different window manager on each screen. I use gnome
on the desktop and windowmaker on the TV. The only
problem I have with this arrangement is getting the
remote to work consistently while someone else is
typing at the desktop.

Jason