[mythtv-users] Distribution reccomendations...?

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 12:49:00 EDT 2003

I just installed Gentoo it for the first time.  I like
it because it's fast (running and booting) and easy to
understand what's going on.  It did take a while to
build/install all the things I needed for Mythtv.
However, I didn't run into any problems I didn't bring
on myself.  That is except the HD failure last
night... :-\

Anyway, take a look.  I think it's a good option and
I'm no expert.  Even for my RH9 install I had to
rebuild the kernel.  I do however miss `chkconfig` and
am still getting used to the small layout changes from
RH.

Others might know more about the hardware you have but
my guess is you shouldn't have any problems.