[mythtv-users] Distribution reccomendations...?

Vernon Graner vern at txis.com
Wed Jul 2 13:11:26 EDT 2003

Question for the more knowledgable in the list...

I have a machine that is stripped and ready to go for a Myth build, but I
am oscillating on a choice for a flavor of linux to place as the
foundation for myth. So far I have tried out Debian (woody), Redhat 9 and
Mandrake 8 on the hardware I have and each seems to be comfortable and
stable enough, but I want to get somefeedback on what would be the best
distro to use for a stable myth setup.

The hardware is:

AMD 1800XP
512m DDR ram
FIC AN11 motherboard (VIA chipset/embedded Audio)
ATI All In Wonder pro AGP card (for playback and 2nd tuner capture)
Hauppage PVR-250 card (for capture)

I'm looking to use this as a project to replace/augment my ReplayTV unit
and it needs to be STABLE since my wife and son are used to the replay
and it's "just turn it on and it works" style of performance.

So.... before I get down the Myth road only to find there are "issues"
with my chosen distro, any suggestions/comments would be very welcome. :)

Vern

--
Vern Graner CNE/CNA/SSE     | "If the network is down, then you're
Senior Systems Engineer     | obviously incompetent so why are we