[mythtv-users] Super-Successful Upgrade! Just a couple questions...

Albert Santoni GameGod at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 2 16:59:51 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I just upgraded my P3-500mhz MythTV box to an Athlon XP 2000+. I bought this
CPU, a new mobo, and 256 megs of 333mhz DDR ram for a little over $300
Canadian.

To the surprise of both my brother and I, after we swapped the mobo/cpu/ram
in our MythTV box, Redhat 8 booted! Windows turns into a hellish nightmare
if you swap out the mobo, but Linux took it like a champ!
Is this an uncommon thing for Linux? MythTV ran perfectly, and we got quite
the pleasant performance boost.

My question is will recompiling MythTV give us better performance?

Thanks