[mythtv-users] TV-Out with Matrox Marvel G400-TV

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Jul 1 11:13:34 EDT 2003

At 12:52 PM 7/1/2003 -0400, Wayne Veilleux wrote:
>Yes, I'm running it with the default kernel modules and also the latest
>mgavideo-0.1.1b code for the Marvel external Rainbow Runner for
>the tuner. But, I think I found where is my problem. (BTW, I finally
>make work the TV-Out with X-Windows). It is when I start mythtv
>from mythfrontend. After having a big blus screen, here is what I
>have from the mythbackend log:
>
>Starting up as the master server.
>Probed: /dev/video1 - Composite
>Probed: /dev/video1 - S-Video
>Probed: /dev/video1 - Television
>2003-07-01 12:43:50 adding: faleo as a player 1
>2003-07-01 12:43:58 adding: faleo as a player 0
>2003-07-01 12:43:58 adding: faleo as a player 0
>2003-07-01 12:43:58 adding: faleo as a remote ringbuffer
>channel '0' has no tuner (composite)
>strange error flushing buffer ...
>
>It seems that it did not read well the config that I gave with setup program
>saying to use "Television" input on /dev/video1. I had a WinTV card before
>and I never had that error.
[rest deleted]

I am not actually familiar with this card, and I cannot find any reports on
this list that actually confirm that it works with MythTV. So there *might*
be a fundamental problem.

Probably not, though. And if not, from what you report, it looks to me like
this card orders its video sources in an unusual way. Usually, with bt8*8
cards, Television is the first source (channel 0). Here it is listed third
(so probably channel 2). I'd go on to guess that you are trying to get Myth
to tune channels on the Composite input.

Since you don't describe how you did your setup, I cannot suggest a
specific fix. But perhaps this will give you an idea that lets you spot the
problem.