[mythtv-users] TV-Out with Matrox Marvel G400-TV

Wayne Veilleux wayne.veilleux at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 1 16:04:54 EDT 2003

Sorry if my description is not helpfull. I understand that maybe my TV
tuner card (Matrox Marvel G400-TV) is not support by MythTV but I
read on that list that the Marvel G200-TV is working so maybe it is not
very far. What do you need to know to help me ? When I run the
"setup" tool and choose my capture card on /dev/device it actually
detect that my Marvel card has 3 input device in the same order as
xawtv show it, which is (remember, xawtv run perfectly with it):

1- Composite
2- S-Video
3- Television

And I choose "Television" but for a raison that I don't know, when I
launch "Watch TV" in MythTV, I have a blue screen (probably because
it sync on "Composite" channel). I tried to choose S-Video and Composite
instead of Television to see the difference and it is the same problem
saying that (mythbackend logs):

channel '0' has no tuner (composite)
strange error flushing buffer ...

I also tried to choose the card type to "Hardware MPEG encoder card"
instead of "Standard V4L or MJPEG capture card" and it does not work
saying that (mythbackend logs):

Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Composite
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Television
<<-- When I start WatchTV
2003-07-01 15:01:34 adding: faleo as a player 1
2003-07-01 15:01:39 adding: faleo as a player 0
2003-07-01 15:01:39 adding: faleo as a player 0
2003-07-01 15:01:39 adding: faleo as a remote ringbuffer
Error getting format
VIDIOC_G_FMT:: Invalid argument

And I have the stop and start mythbackend because it crash.

Let me know if you want more infos and dump things. Thank you
very much for your help.

-- wayne