[mythtv-users] TV-Out with Matrox Marvel G400-TV

Wayne Veilleux wayne.veilleux at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 1 13:52:23 EDT 2003

Yes, I'm running it with the default kernel modules and also the latest
mgavideo-0.1.1b code for the Marvel external Rainbow Runner for
the tuner. But, I think I found where is my problem. (BTW, I finally
make work the TV-Out with X-Windows). It is when I start mythtv
from mythfrontend. After having a big blus screen, here is what I
have from the mythbackend log:

Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video1 - Composite
Probed: /dev/video1 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video1 - Television
2003-07-01 12:43:50 adding: faleo as a player 1
2003-07-01 12:43:58 adding: faleo as a player 0
2003-07-01 12:43:58 adding: faleo as a player 0
2003-07-01 12:43:58 adding: faleo as a remote ringbuffer
channel '0' has no tuner (composite)
strange error flushing buffer ...

It seems that it did not read well the config that I gave with setup program
saying to use "Television" input on /dev/video1. I had a WinTV card before
and I never had that error.

And here is what mythfrontend log say now:

Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 69
Delaying to next trigger: 218042
Delaying to next trigger: 222614
Delaying to next trigger: 264560
Delaying to next trigger: 234176
Delaying to next trigger: 225554
Delaying to next trigger: 213549
Delaying to next trigger: 214812, and so on.....

Do you have any clue ?

Thanks

- wayne