[mythtv-users] noise questions

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Tue Dec 23 13:45:38 EST 2003

On 23 Dec 2003 at 12:50, fsquires wrote:

> noise.  My question is how loud would an Athlon (possibly 2500+) with
> the stock cooler be, as opposed to the pundit or a different HS/F?

Depends on if it's a AMD supplied fan or not, you can get much better fans
and much quieter ones too. My experience with the amd retail box cpu fans is
they consistently start to fail after 6months to a year.  They are garbage
and I always replace then in any new systems I sell.  The Arkua fans are
nice, also Zalman (for quiet).

Another option is the 6cm to 8cm converter which allows you to use a case fan
on your cpu, the case fan moves more air at lower rpm's so gives better
cooling and is quieter.

> Also has anyone tried to use a Creative DXR2 with mythtv?  I've found
Doesn't work(well enough), check the archives, this has been discussed many
times.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting