[mythtv-users] noise questions

fsquires fsquires at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 23 12:50:55 EST 2003

I'm planning on building a sff myth box.  Right now I'm using an older
Athlon 900 system with a TV Wonder VE.  I was thinking of using either
a pundit or another case with a chaintech 7nif2 mb (maybe a hornet).
I'd like the chaintech for the extra pci slot but I'm worried about
noise.  My question is how loud would an Athlon (possibly 2500+) with
the stock cooler be, as opposed to the pundit or a different HS/F?

Also has anyone tried to use a Creative DXR2 with mythtv?  I've found
some drivers and a patch for ogle but haven't been able to do any
testing with it yet as I don't have the room for it in my current case.

Thanks,
Fred