[mythtv-theming] Image aspect ratio in OSD themes

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:02:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Christopher Meredith <
> chmeredith at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to modify the "Gray" OSD theme in part to preserve the aspect
>> ratio of channel icons. Currently they are squashed into a square and I'd
>> like to prevent that from happening. Ideally, I'd like to specify a maximum
>> height and width and have it preserve the aspect ratio, but I'm not sure how
>> to do that. The <preserveaspect> tage in MythUI seems not to work for OSD
>> themes. The OSD theme currently uses a <staticsize> tag. Is there something
>> like a <dynamicsize> counterpart, or something else that would let me
>> accomplish this?
>>

> The OSD has not been converted to MythUI, ergo mythUI theming tags are not
> going to work in the OSD yet.  I don't actually know any pre-MythUI theming
> so someone might be able to chime in if there's an equivalent, but I wanted
> to explain why preserveaspect wasn't working for you.
>
> (similar rules will apply to un-mythUI'd screens like parts of MythMusic,
> MythZoneMinder, and a couple other places)

I assumed the MythUI tag wouldn't work, but I figured I'd give it a try
anyway. Thanks for your fast reply, by the way. I <preserveaspect>'ed the
EPG and the icons look fantastic. I'll post screenshots soon. I've also been
messing around with Mythweb.