[mythtv-theming] Image aspect ratio in OSD themes

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 19:59:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Christopher Meredith <chmeredith at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'm trying to modify the "Gray" OSD theme in part to preserve the aspect
> ratio of channel icons. Currently they are squashed into a square and I'd
> like to prevent that from happening. Ideally, I'd like to specify a maximum
> height and width and have it preserve the aspect ratio, but I'm not sure how
> to do that. The <preserveaspect> tage in MythUI seems not to work for OSD
> themes. The OSD theme currently uses a <staticsize> tag. Is there something
> like a <dynamicsize> counterpart, or something else that would let me
> accomplish this?

The OSD has not been converted to MythUI, ergo mythUI theming tags are not
going to work in the OSD yet.  I don't actually know any pre-MythUI theming
so someone might be able to chime in if there's an equivalent, but I wanted
to explain why preserveaspect wasn't working for you.

(similar rules will apply to un-mythUI'd screens like parts of MythMusic,
MythZoneMinder, and a couple other places)

Robert