[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Sun Oct 2 09:12:03 UTC 2022

On 29/09/2022 11:04 pm, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 9/29/22 01:05, David Hampton via mythtv-dev wrote:
>>> The problems are:
>>>
>>> 1. The build required API level 29 but the fire stick only has 25.
>>> This would not affect the Shield. It was caused by the new QT which
>>> disallowed specification of the minimum version in the manifest. I
>>> fixed this locally by going back to api version 21 as we had used
>>> before.
>>>
>>> 2. Rebuilding the libs, I was unable to build the mariadb-connector
>>> library due to an error in the cmake file ConnectorName.cmake . It
>>> has an END() command where it should have had ENDIF(). The build
>>> failed with error "CMake Error at cmake/ConnectorName.cmake:30
>>> (ENDMACRO):   Flow control statements are not properly nested.".
>>> Changing it to ENDIF let the build complete that but I don't know
>>> what is really going on with this, whether the downloaded source has
>>> an error or whether some patch was applied incorrectly or if I am
>>> just misunderstanding the whole problem.
>> The downloaded source has an error.
>>
>>> 3. After fixing those, I built and installed mythfrontend (32bit
>>> version) on a fire stick 4K. Starting it up fails with the message
>>> "mythdbcon.cpp:84:MSqlDatabase  FATAL: Unable to load the QT QMYSQL
>>> driver, is it installed?". All I see is the splash screen for a few
>>> seconds then back to the android home page.
>>>
>>> It is possible that my fix for the mariadb connector was all wrong
>>> and caused the DB problem. Or maybe we need a different mariadb
>>> connector version. It is using version 2.3.7.

I have pushed an update to the android libs and patches.

There is now a config for various devices, nvshield and firetv-max

No more managing SDK, NDK and arm versions and trying to remember what
you last used. I left these much as before. firetv is at TARGETSDK 28
and build SDK must be at least 29 use to qt build requirements.

to compile

         make CONFIG=firetv-max distclean everything

These are in android-utilities/config. Add and update these as you see fit

mariadb connector is now 3.2.6 and qt 5.15.6 among other updates

It also supports SDK and build tools to 33.

If you use NDK 24 or 25 you get a vulkan include failure when building
ffmpeg. I didnt chase this so left the NDK at 21.4.xxxxx

This is independent of SDK and build tools used.

MIN API VERSION is also moved to the build system and not the pro file
which is also more logical. Small commit to mythtv repo to support this.

Readme is not updated yet.

Please test and let me know if anything is wrong but I have done
extensive building today and yesterday so hopefully I don't get surprised.

To get different SDKs and NDKs, use studio and choose configure, manage
sdks, select hidden items and select away.

Also should I merge the datetime db update issue? My deb qt 5.15.4 and
5.15.6 still dont have the patches required AFAICT.

Cheers

Mark