[mythtv] Play from last played position

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 16:22:07 UTC 2022

On 28/05/2022 16:21, David Hampton via mythtv-dev wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-05-28 at 13:03 +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Ive updated to master last week and have been using it and noticed
>> that
>> play from last position doesn't seem work. It always plays from the
>> start.
>>
>> Looking into this, I found that in the recordedmarkup table there are
>> multiple entries for both LASTPLAYPOS and  BOOKMARK.
>>
>> Also the query for the last played position grabs these into a QMap
>> where the key is the frame number and the value is the type. These
>> keys
>> according to the QMap documentation are sorted in ascending order,
>> however the frame number is taken as the first element of the
>> iterator
>> thus the lowest value (close to 0 (80) in this case).
>>
>> This presents a design question.
>>
>> 1. should there be multiple entries in the recorded markup table per
>> recording for each type or are multiple ok?
>
> There should only be one LASTPLAYPOS entry per chanid/starttime pair.
> I would expect that the BOOKMARK entries should also be one per
> chanid/starttime pair.
>
> This should also be true for the filemarkup table for tracking videos.
> There should only be one LASTPLAYPOS entry per filename, and I would
> only expect one BOOKMARK entry per filename too.
>
>> 2. If the above is ok, then query should be pulling from the last key
>> not the first.
>>
>> What is the intended use and I'll fix this issue?
>
> Thanks.
>
> David

FWIW playback from last played position works ok for me, in current
master.

But the end marker in the cutlist editor has a problem:  go to end (Page
Down) goes to frame n, step back from that and forward again (left,
right arrows) goes to n-m, then n+1, and repeated stepping *forward*
from there alternates between n-m and n+1.

John P