[mythtv] Play from last played position

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Sat May 28 15:21:38 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2022-05-28 at 13:03 +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Ive updated to master last week and have been using it and noticed
> that
> play from last position doesn't seem work. It always plays from the
> start.
>
> Looking into this, I found that in the recordedmarkup table there are
> multiple entries for both LASTPLAYPOS and  BOOKMARK.
>
> Also the query for the last played position grabs these into a QMap
> where the key is the frame number and the value is the type. These
> keys
> according to the QMap documentation are sorted in ascending order,
> however the frame number is taken as the first element of the
> iterator
> thus the lowest value (close to 0 (80) in this case).
>
> This presents a design question.
>
> 1. should there be multiple entries in the recorded markup table per
> recording for each type or are multiple ok?

There should only be one LASTPLAYPOS entry per chanid/starttime pair.
I would expect that the BOOKMARK entries should also be one per
chanid/starttime pair.

This should also be true for the filemarkup table for tracking videos.
There should only be one LASTPLAYPOS entry per filename, and I would
only expect one BOOKMARK entry per filename too.

> 2. If the above is ok, then query should be pulling from the last key
> not the first.
>
> What is the intended use and I'll fix this issue?

Thanks.

David