[mythtv] Wiki maintenance

Dan Wilga mythtv-devel at dwilga.info
Tue Sep 28 12:58:14 UTC 2021

On 9/27/21 3:16 PM, Scott T wrote:
> On 9/27/21 2:22 PM, f-myth-users at lab.media.mit.edu wrote:
>> That's an interesting idea.  You could then perhaps use CSS (see
>> "Styling namespaces" in "Using custom namespaces") to give the pages a
>> distinctive color at least, though I'm unsure if there's some clever way
>> to also (for example) add some text saying "probably obsolete."  (Maybe
>> there's some CSS element used in every page that could be co-opted
>> somehow.)  If you can't make them visually distinctive, though, in
>> a way that someone landing on a random page from a search engine
>> will immediately figure out even if they haven't seen some sort of
>> explanatory page, this mmay not help much.
> You could probably co-opt the page title, i.e <h1>, but I don't know CSS.

Something like this adds a message block just after the H1 on every page:

h1#firstHeading::after {
     content: "This is the message";
     background-color: #f99;
     display: block;
     padding: 10px;
     border: 1px solid #d99;
     font-size: 14px;
     font-family: sans-serif;
}

For real-world use, you'd just have to change the selector a bit, once
the pages to receive the message block have an added class. You can play
with this in the Developer mode in a web browser.