[mythtv] Wiki maintenance

f-myth-users at lab.media.mit.edu f-myth-users at lab.media.mit.edu
Tue Sep 28 15:36:46 UTC 2021

    > Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 15:16:19 -0400
    > From: Scott T <scott.the.elm at gmail.com>

    > Another advantage is that even without custom CSS, the page title
    > becomes prefixed by the namespace name.

That could be very handy; if the namespace was Obsolete,
it'd be a good clue. :)

Along with the H1 CSS hack, it might save having to do any edits
to individual pages---just move them to a new namespace.

    > We already have some templates like (what I think) you are suggesting:
    > https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Templates

I hadn't realized we had a page documenting them.  Thanks!

    > All templates:
    > https://www.mythtv.org/wiki?title=Special:AllPages&namespace=10

VersionNote is close to the "fancy" stuff I was talking about,
although it'd be even better if it automatically added every
page using it to a category corresponding to the version being
noted.  (So there's be a "0.28" category, etc.)  Also, it doesn't
seem well-known; "what links here?" tells me it's only been used
a dozen times or so.