[mythtv] Time to retire mythweb?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 14:00:10 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 12 December 2021 12:20:10 GMT James wrote:
> Some time ago I very rudely described WebFrontend as being for the mobile
> phone set. I too use MythWeb exclusively because it just works.

Which is ironic since it doesn't work on a mobile phone. The design isn't
properly responsive so it's pretty much impossible to use on a mobile browser.

Are we talking of the same thing?

http://{backend_ip}:6544/ ?

Of course with the ripping out of the QtScript support I've no idea if this is
even functional in the current dev build. Though it's been in MythTV for
years, it still surprises me how few people know of it's existence.

> I want a tool that does my task, with a minimum of fuss and without
> impressing me as to how clever or artisticly talented the programmers are.
> If WebFrontend meets those critera  then good else we have a situtation
> where developer talent is diluted trying to maintain MythWeb

Again, not sure if we're talking of the same thing here. No-one has ever
described me as artistic or clever.

--
Stuart Morgan