[mythtv] Time to retire mythweb?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 16:52:48 UTC 2021

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 3:16 PM Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Before formally retiring mythweb on RPM Fusion as it doesn't work with the latest PHP I wanted to confirm that it will not be updated.

I can't find the reference, but the last statement by the
devs that I recall was that mythweb was considered
depreciated, and that while pull requests would be
considered, do not expect updates/fixes.

And there are no pull requests in the repo for php 8
support (and no one has indicated they are actively
working on it, although who knows if someone is
doing so).

With the (upcoming) v32, it has been stated that the
plan was that a new (internal) replacement will be made
available which includes the equivalent functionality,
which is where I suspect most dev time is going towards.

An alternative for those that are running newer
distros that use php 8 could be to build your
own php 7 (likely painful) or run a container
with apache and php 7 (lots of recipes out there
to do so).