[mythtv] Time to retire mythweb?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Sat Dec 11 16:51:35 UTC 2021

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 9:15 AM Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Before formally retiring mythweb on RPM Fusion as it doesn't work with the
> latest PHP I wanted to confirm that it will not be updated.
>
> Any reason not to retire it at this point?

I use mythweb exclusively for setting up recordings. I find it to be a
nicer interface than the native myth client - at least the last time I
investigated the myth client (circa 0.27).

Also, my myth PVR and TV are in the basement. I can easily set up
recordings on my laptop (or via ssh and lynx from the internet).

I'd be pretty sad to see mythweb go.

Thanks for writing/supporting it - I'd be happy to contribute what I can to
its future.

-m