[mythtv] Time to retire mythweb?

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Sat Dec 11 17:00:37 UTC 2021

On Sat, 2021-12-11 at 16:52 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 3:16 PM Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Before formally retiring mythweb on RPM Fusion as it doesn't work
> > with the latest PHP I wanted to confirm that it will not be
> > updated.
>
> I can't find the reference, but the last statement by the
> devs that I recall was that mythweb was considered
> depreciated, and that while pull requests would be
> considered, do not expect updates/fixes.
>
> And there are no pull requests in the repo for php 8
> support (and no one has indicated they are actively
> working on it, although who knows if someone is
> doing so).

I looked briefly and it didn't look like a major effort to make mythweb
work on php8, but I don't have time at the moment to explore further.

I agree with Peter that I find it very useful for looking at upcoming
recordings, etc, from my desktop system and I hope something can be
developed with the new services API to replace this functionality.

David