[mythtv] mythfilldatabase is adding credits out of order

TimP mythtv at corky.co
Mon Jan 21 10:39:38 UTC 2019

On 2018-12-11 17:00, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/11/2018 07:33 AM, TimP wrote:
>
> I'm guessing you may be the reporter of the bug, but I'm referencing
> for completeness:
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12887

Problem identified: It's my script to email new programs, and it doesn't
always email them when they are added by mythfilldatabse. That means my
hack to the credits database to add a sort column fails as my script
removes that column every day and adds it just before mythfilldatabase.
The reason it doesn't always email on insertion is that the script also
filters out any programme title inserted in the last 11 months
(otherwise the email list is TLDR)  and occaisionally that 11 month
filter elapses for a film a few days after insertion by
mythfilldatabase.

My fix is to not remove the sorting columns. I'll have to remember to to
remove it before an upgrade (which should also overcome the future
problem of the sort index hitting 4 billion, so please release an
upgrade at least once a decade).

The ticket is still valid asadding the sort order officially would allow
mythfrontend to list credits in order (with a fix to mythfrontend) but
is not so simple as it makes the table larger and using a small sized
token will mean it hits the max sooner without some code to repack the
credits order.

Cheers,m
Tim.