[mythtv] OT but FAO JYA ?: Firefox on fire tv stick 4K

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:43:15 UTC 2018

On 16/12/2018 13:57, George Poulson wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 at 11:21, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com
> <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Access via the Firefox browser app is fine for iPlayer, but Sounds is
>     visually OK and active, but mute.  And there's no volume-control ikon.
>

> The BBC Sounds site works fine for me using Firefox on Android.
> Sure, there is no volume control icon displayed, but the normal volume
> up/down buttons work, for me at least.

No;  I just tried it again. Initially the 'Seek video' came up as 0
seconds, but then reverted to around its earlier value.  The remote
Volume control affects the TV's visual display but still no sound frpm
Sounds; all ok from iPlayer.

Firefox Version 3.1.2

More from the logs  (typed in, copied from screen) :

AmazonSampleSource:  Audio Codec mimetype=audio/mp4a-latm
                      Video Codec mimetype=x-unknown
                      Exoplayer doesn't support mime0type x-unknown

but the problem is in the Audio.
-----------------------

After more poking around in google I haave a feeling that this may be
DRM related.  Hmm..
... but Sounds is ok in Firefox for Linux, so maybe not.

I had a response from the BBC:

>  Many thanks for getting in contact with the BBC Sounds Support Team.
>
> I'll be happy to help.
>
> We do appreciate your interest however, BBC Sounds is not supported for Connected TVs, such as Firesticks.
>
> I will certainly register your comments onto our Audience Feedback Report to be seen by the Head of BBC Sounds and BBC Sounds product teams.

John