[mythtv] How to get hold of the currently tuned tsid

roger roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 20:10:55 UTC 2016

  I need help on this!

How do I get hold of the currently tuned TSID from inside an EIThelper.

Specifically I need to get hold of the tsid of the current stream that
is supplying EIT table sections to the helper. This is not the TSID that
is carried in the EIT sections themselves, this is only valid for
"actual" EIT tables. If the EIT table section is for an "other" table
then the TSID in the table is only valid within the scope of original
network ID. For reasons that are specific to the United Kingdom
terrestrial television network I need to know the TSID of the actual TS
stream that is carrying this "other" data. In the DVB world this
information is carried as an informational item in the table id
extension field of the current PAT table for the transport stream being
processed.

I was hoping that this was stored somewhere where it was easily
accessible from within the eithelper context. It does not appear to be.
The best place I can get it for active scans is in the
DTVSignalMonitor::HandlePAT , but this will require major hacking to get
that information into the eit helper. I have not looked at the passive
case yet.

Anyone got any ideas?

Roger