[mythtv] How to get hold of the currently tuned tsid

roger roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 12:16:00 UTC 2016

On 10/11/16 20:10, roger wrote:
>  I need help on this!
>
> How do I get hold of the currently tuned TSID from inside an EIThelper.
>
> Specifically I need to get hold of the tsid of the current stream that
> is supplying EIT table sections to the helper. This is not the TSID
> that is carried in the EIT sections themselves, this is only valid for
> "actual" EIT tables. If the EIT table section is for an "other" table
> then the TSID in the table is only valid within the scope of original
> network ID. For reasons that are specific to the United Kingdom
> terrestrial television network I need to know the TSID of the actual
> TS stream that is carrying this "other" data. In the DVB world this
> information is carried as an informational item in the table id
> extension field of the current PAT table for the transport stream
> being processed.
>
> I was hoping that this was stored somewhere where it was easily
> accessible from within the eithelper context. It does not appear to
> be. The best place I can get it for active scans is in the
> DTVSignalMonitor::HandlePAT , but this will require major hacking to
> get that information into the eit helper. I have not looked at the
> passive case yet.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Roger

Forget what I said above. I think tsid may not be useful useful for what
I need. Because UK DTT only uses one original network id for all of the
uk multiplexes it cannot guarantee the consistency of version numbers in
"other" tables. So I need to separately track the "other" table version
numbers for each multiplex in a local transmitter group. So what I am
really looking for is a way from inside eithelper to distinguish between
multiplexes.

Once again. Anyone got any ideas?

Roger