[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Subtitles and Comcast x264

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Nov 9 21:32:02 UTC 2016

On 09.11.2016 21:35, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 11/09/2016 02:20 PM, John P Poet wrote:
>> Maybe start here:
>>
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12893
>>
>> I have a patch which I can contribute from a work colleague, which
>> adds it for a 2 or 3 year old version of ffmpeg, but I am pretty sure
>> it does not apply against the current ffmpeg.
>>
>> John
>>
> Thanks John
>
> Is it acceptable to add a fix to our local ffmpeg, knowing that it will
> be lost when we pull in the next version? If so I can give this a test
> and see what happens.

Whats wrong with posting a patch upstream as a follow up to
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2885? After all that's the code that
gets shuffled around by https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12893

I think we can apply it locally before its accepted upstream (really up
to the person that does the work), but in general the idea was to get
closer to upstream ffmpeg, not depart further from it :)

Regards,
Karl