[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Jan 7 22:37:46 UTC 2012

On 07/01/12 00:19, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 Jan 2012 15:24:49 Paul Harrison wrote:
>>> MythMusic: Convert to MythUI and remove the last of the Qt3 stuff
>>>
>>> This is far from complete and is subject to change but it's a start.
>> As I said in the commit message this isn't complete yet. There's things
>> I have to
>> complete, things that need testing properly and even more things I
>> haven't even started yet.
>> I'm sure there are many things that could be done better.
> In a word, BRILLIANT. It exceeds my expectations which were very high to begin
> with. You should be rightly proud of it.

Thanks that's high praise indeed coming from you :)

> I've not really had the chance to poke into the depths but I've only found two
> issues so far -  a typo in the shuffle menu, 'Randon' instead of 'Random' and a
> missing image mm_stopicon.png.

Oh dear never spotted the typo and I've been using it for over a year
now! I added the missing mm_stopicon.png a few days ago and a few other
a day or so before that. I should have done a minor edit to theme.pro to
force qmake to recreate the make file but forgot.

> With a decent non-default theme it will really shine, the default look doesn't
> do it any justice.

I thought it was to good to be true :) Theming isn't my strong point but
I don't think it's that bad. I have been using it for a while now so
maybe I've just grown used it. There are a few things that do need
tidying up. A lot of stuff I added to make sure it was working OK like
the play count and last play time in the playlist were added to test
they were only being updated after the track finished playing for
example and can probably be removed now.

Nearly every widget is optional so while the default playlist view has a
lot of stuff on it your theme doesn't have to include it if you don't
want to. In fact everything on that screen is optional. Now that the
framework is in place is should be relatively easy to add any additional
text areas, images, statetypes etc that may be needed.

>> Visualizers
> Not working here atm, it says none are available and I can't find where they
> would be selected. However I only habitually used the albumart visualiser in
> the past so I'm not too worried about this for now.

Yeah. I've had a report off list from a user that all is not well with
the visualisers. I didn't spend any time reviewing any of the
visualizers changes before I committed it since a lot of it is probably
going to have to be changed to fit in with what Mark has done anyway. I
was in two minds whether to just completely disable them before I
committed but because they were working OK for me I left it has it was
but put in the disclaimer to say they needed some work. I'll take
another look later tomorrow when I get back to my dev system.

>> Storage Groups
> I'd be willing to give this a go. Storage group support is high on my list. I
> think it's reasonable for the backend to do scanning/tag reading to accomplish
> this.

Sure if you want to look at it.

> There is so much more to respond to but it's late so I'll do so tomorrow.
>
> P.S. I have a question over how, or if, you can select an entire directory in
> 'gallery' editing mode?

The only way at the moment is with the  MARK keybinding (probably a bad
name for it now that I think about it) the default is the 'T' key which
is similar to what you did in MythGallery to mark images in the gallery
there. I did briefly try other more accessible keys like PLAY/PAUSE but
that quickly becomes annoying when you go to pause the music only to
find you've added something to the playlist instead and I know we are
trying to not overload actions like that anyway.

There should of cause be a menu entry to do the same which I will add
once I've worked out exactly where to put it. To me it should be easily
accessible rather than buried deep in the menu structure which is why I
was contemplating a context menu like the one I put in the in the search
view to see how I liked it. I'm still undecided whether I like it or
not. I'm open to suggestions.

Paul H.