[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 8e2982436 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 23:29:40 UTC 2012

On Saturday 07 Jan 2012 22:37:46 Paul Harrison wrote:
> I added the missing mm_stopicon.png a few days ago and a few other
> a day or so before that.

So you did, sorry I should have looked closer.

> > With a decent non-default theme it will really shine, the default look
> > doesn't do it any justice.
>
> I thought it was to good to be true :) Theming isn't my strong point but
> I don't think it's that bad.

Don't get me wrong, I just mean that the default theme styling isn't
especially pretty and that applies to all screens from Watch Recordings
through to the video UI. Since I chose it's sparse look and minimal it I guess
you can blame that one on me :) It's also possible just I've just grown over
familiar with it. So no criticism of what you've done there.

> > There is so much more to respond to but it's late so I'll do so
> > tomorrow.

Sorry day went by too quickly ...

> > P.S. I have a question over how, or if, you can select an entire
> > directory in 'gallery' editing mode?
>
> The only way at the moment is with the  MARK keybinding (probably a bad
> name for it now that I think about it) the default is the 'T' key which
> is similar to what you did in MythGallery to mark images in the gallery
> there. I did briefly try other more accessible keys like PLAY/PAUSE but
> that quickly becomes annoying when you go to pause the music only to
> find you've added something to the playlist instead and I know we are
> trying to not overload actions like that anyway.

OK that makes sense. There's a binding we're using in PBB for toggle recording
in a playlist (TOGGLE_PLAYLIST iirc). This seems like a natural choice. Since
we'd be using the functionality in at least three different places it could be
a global binding which would make it consistent. I'm just stuck on where it
would belong on a standard remote but I suppose that's why we're also making
things available through the MENU.

> I was contemplating a context menu like the one I put in the in the search
> view to see how I liked it. I'm still undecided whether I like it or
> not. I'm open to suggestions.

I'll give it some thought.
--
Stuart Morgan