[mythtv] Changing highlight/button-on settings in themes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 21 13:18:50 UTC 2010

On 02/21/2010 08:01 AM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson says:
>
>> Until we extend MythUI with some layout smarts this is unavoidable.
>>
> This, and Mike Dean's preceding message, has piqued my curiosity.
>
> My guess is most people who asking how to adjust the (tiny) default
> font size on the Program Details page do so because it's the only one,
> as far as I know, that uses the ZOOMIN/ZOOMOUT bindings. Is the
> long-term goal to extend this functionality to all pages via MythUI so
> themes will auto-adjust themselves when font sizes change, à la Web
> browsers?

The Program Details page is the only screen that's displayed using
MythBrowser.  MythBrowser supports zoom on all pages it displays.

I doubt the plan is to replace all of the MythUI screens with HTML
screens.  :)

As of now, user-level scaling of fonts in MythUI screens is not
supported and, TTBOMK, unless we write some code to do automatic layout
of screens, will not be supported.  Basically, if you change the font
sizing in the theme, non-text elements that are meant to align with
theme elements no longer do so.

Mike