[mythtv] Not decoding enough audio data?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Apr 24 21:15:44 UTC 2010

Hi, I have seen stutters with audio for some years now and only now had
some time to debug it a little.  In general it occurs during blank
frames on DVB-T streams (UK).  However, I'm also seeing it occasionally
in other situations now.

Having instrumented the audio layer, the problem actually seems to be
the audio ringbuffer running dry and no samples left to feed the
soundcard.  Now, I poked around a little trying to figure out the
feedback loop which is controlling how much audio data is being decoded
at any time, but confess I can't see how this is happening?

Can someone please give me a brief heads up on which parts of the code
to look at more closely so I can debug this on my setup please?

Thanks

Ed W