[mythtv] Audio code check?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Apr 14 08:52:20 UTC 2010

Hi Jean-Yves

Could you please double check this hunk of code in Reconfigure() in
audiooutputbase.cpp - looks a bit suspicious to me:

+    // Only used for software volume
+    if (set_initial_vol && internal_vol)
+        volume = gContext->GetNumSetting("PCMMixerVolume", 80);
+    {
+        QString controlLabel = gContext->GetSetting("MixerControl", "PCM");
+        controlLabel += "MixerVolume";
+        volume = gContext->GetNumSetting(controlLabel, 80);
+    }

It's from your commit: 22432

If it's ok, do you think perhaps it could at least be rephrased because
it's kind of confusing to parse as it stands?

Thanks

Ed W

P.S.  The logic consequence of this hunk seems to be that we can hack
out the equivalent code from all the sub audio output layers (which is good)