[mythtv] compile error building win32 port

treblid treblid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 01:12:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Steven Orton <sorton9999 at verizon.net>wrote:

>  Hello listers,
>
> I am trying to build the win32 port of this fine project.  It's going to
> run on WinXP SP3.
>

> I downloaded the win32-package.pl from the trunk and ran it.  After many
> stops because of mismatched file versions I got down as far as line 1915
> where it's doing a file compare with the libmythtv-0.23.dll.
>
> In the C:\mythtv\mythtv\libs directory, I do not have that version of the
> file.  I do have libmythtv-0.22.dll.  So I can see why the build is failing
> here.
>
> I'm not sure why the 0.22 version was built instead.  Could it be the file
> was named wrong?
> I didn't check for that in the script (or Makefile).
>
> The exact error string on the compile is as follows:
>
> EFFECT FAILED (newer -> shell): mtime of file
> (C:/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmyth/libmyth-0.23.dll) should be greater than file
> (C:/mythtv/mythtv/last_build.txt).  [0]   [1271022775]
>

> So...Is there anything that I can do to go forward on this compile?  I'm
> not sure what to check for now.
>
> Appreciate any help on this....steve---
>

> Scroll up the text window and see if there are any compile errors (that's
usually the case)... If you can't find anything in the scrollback buffer,
see if anything is mentioned in the log file called "log" in the folder
where you run the script...

I tried building yesterday and it failed at some stage (uint undefined)
which I think is fixed today. Run the script again with updated sources and
see if it works again now?