[mythtv] compile error building win32 port

Steven Orton sorton9999 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 13 00:33:56 UTC 2010

Hello listers,

I am trying to build the win32 port of this fine project.  It's going to run on WinXP SP3.

I downloaded the win32-package.pl from the trunk and ran it.  After many stops because of mismatched file versions I got down as far as line 1915 where it's doing a file compare with the libmythtv-0.23.dll.

In the C:\mythtv\mythtv\libs directory, I do not have that version of the file.  I do have libmythtv-0.22.dll.  So I can see why the build is failing here.

I'm not sure why the 0.22 version was built instead.  Could it be the file was named wrong?
I didn't check for that in the script (or Makefile).

The exact error string on the compile is as follows:

EFFECT FAILED (newer -> shell): mtime of file (C:/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmyth/libmyth-0.23.dll) should be greater than file (C:/mythtv/mythtv/last_build.txt).  [0]   [1271022775]

So...Is there anything that I can do to go forward on this compile?  I'm not sure what to check for now.

Appreciate any help on this....steve---