[mythtv] video data corruption

Simon Tsai simon_tsai at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 00:12:44 UTC 2009

I have a system with ATI graphic chip, it can decode mpeg2 and/or mpeg4. When we use antenna to receive TV signal and go through ATSC converter to convert signal to mpeg2, then go thru ATI mpeg2 decoder and display to screen. I saw frame corruption or delay because antenna signal strength.
Questions:
1. Where is the code (cpp files) to receive hardware decoder frame data?
2. Can mythtv program receive error status when data corrupt?
3. How to add buffering, such as 1/2 sec to smooth the display?

We have tested Windows 7, it has much better quality.
Thanks,