[mythtv] BluRay Subtitles...

stev391 at email.com stev391 at email.com
Tue Jul 21 12:33:09 UTC 2009

> > G'Day,
> >

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I think this is great work-- if you have not already, perhaps you should
> open a ticket with the work  at svn.mythtv.org?  It's a fair possibility
> that sincealmost *all* of this applies to ffmpeg code instead of myth code,
> that it may need to be submitted upstream first to make it in to myth-- not
> my call, but it has happened in the past.  I would advise trying to get it
> past their review process ASAP-- they are motivated to improve blu ray
> support after a recent phoronix interview and a couple of their devs have
> taken a real interest in the support-- their review process is quite
> thorough, but if it gets in there, it will definitely end up in Myth.
>
> Robert

Robert,

Thankyou for the kind comments.

I have been following the ffmpeg-dev list and have read the thread you have
eluded to.

I'm aware of the process in getting this into MythTV (via FFmpeg), however
as I have not yet been able to display the subtitle in MythTV (or mplayer)
I have held off approaching the FFmpeg dev team (as they are very busy).

I was hoping this caught the eye of Janne or Mark K, and one of them could
point me in the right direction to progressing this in the MythTV code.

Stephen.

--
How Strong is Your Score?
Click here to see yours for $0!