[mythtv] BluRay Subtitles...

stev391 at exemail.com.au stev391 at exemail.com.au
Wed Jul 22 08:15:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 16:35 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/21/2009 04:28 PM, Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:24:41AM +1000, stev391 wrote:
> >
> >> Eventually the FFmpeg sections will be submitted upstream, however as
> >> I do not have a full working subtitle support to test with I will hold
> >> off for the moment.
> >>
> > I would prefer submitting it to ffmpeg first.
>
> Have you considered using ffplay as your test framework for proving it
> works?  I'd guess it's smaller/simpler to work with than myth when it
> comes to subtitles.
>
> Mike

That is exactly what I did today, (that is use ffplay to debug my code).

It turns out that I made a poor assumption to do with the timing, and
the subtitle was only displayed for an insignificant time.  Also I had
the alpha channel backwards!

Anyway thanks for all your help, I will keep on plodding along and
hopefully by the end of next week I will have something that works
properly and is pretty enough for the FFmpeg guys.

I'm just about to test my latest version against Myth, if I have success
in showing the subtitles I will post a newer version of the patch on the
ticket I opened.  This is just for people to test with and I do not
expect it to be included in MythTV before the FFmpeg guys accept it.

Thanks again!