[mythtv] vdpau on 8800 gts 640?

Ken and Timi Cecka ceckak at alumni.washington.edu
Mon Jan 19 01:50:35 UTC 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 5:43:37 pm Ken and Timi Cecka wrote:
> If anyone knows for sure that the 8800 GTS 640 is or is not supported by
> VDPAU, I'd be interested in knowing.  If this card is expected to work, is
> there anything useful I can do to debug this further?

After a little more search for 8800 gtx, I came across this, which probably
answers my question:

"There's something about Nvidia's numbering system that should be understood.
The 8800GTX won't work with VDPAU. Why? Because it was actually released
before some of the other 8k series cards that have the newer PureVideo 2
hardware. The 8800GTS 512 will work though. Confusing enough? All 9k cards and
GTX cards will work, as well as all other 8k cards (that I know of). No 7k or
older cards will work, nor will any AGP card that I know of. So far, the 9300
mobile/motherboard chip is the only one that will decode VC1/WMV3. All of the
other supported cards will decode standard-def DVDs and x264 files. No other
MPEG4 codecs, for instance Divx/Xvid, will work with VDPAU."

Ken