[mythtv] mythtv commit: r19603 - in trunk/mythtv by stuart

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Jan 8 22:49:30 UTC 2009

> It was discussed and pretty much agreed upon in IRC to lose the delete
> recordings page entirely, instead offering a reverse sort option
> from the menu
> in Watch Recordings. I didn't want to get rid of it at the same time
> as the
> new screen was committed, instead I was going to see how people
> liked the
> alternative.

Aah. I missed that.

I am tempted to re-create the "Manage Recordings" screen.
(we used to have that as a menu item, though despite
  the name, it just opened a "Delete Recordings" screen)

I would like one where the focus is on changing the metadata,
invoking trans-coding jobs, archiving recordings to the Video
plugin's storage area, et c.

But I will see how my wife and I cope with the new direction.

> In all honesty the reason why the progress bar etc and reverse sort
> options
> are missing is simply because I forgot. I'll add them soon.

I started to add a progressbar in default/recordings-ui.xml,
but then decided it would be too cluttered in there.
Plus, I couldn't actually get its value to update :-(

>> 2) Arrow Right on the recordings used to bring up a menu.
>> Now, it goes back to the titles pane.
>
> The new behaviour. I announced the changes in an earlier message

Aah yes. I think I remember now.

I will have to train us to use the Menu and Info keys more often :-)

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| "Peacemaking is our profession"|
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |Motto of Burpelson Airforce Base|